Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Song Of The Day........

Things are OK here in Tampa. Hot.

Faye ended up going right around us...as if we were some sort of croquet post. It was pretty weird because all of our surrounding counties were drenched & we didn't get ANY rain. I mean, it rains hard for a few minutes every day in the summer. No rain those few days for Tampa & St. Pete. Funny.

Oh, there's a new one creeping up around Cuba right now. It looks pretty big. I think it's Gustav or something. Hey, does anyone have any guesses for the next named storm? H will be a fun one. I know it's published, so don't look ahead. I haven't. I'll say "Huey".

Band is doing fine. We just finished a new song & unleashed it to feed last week at two live shows. Good reviews. Actually, we're playing an open mic night at one of our regular venues tonight. We do this instead of one of our practices every week now.

Bert's getting married to his girl, Amy next month. September 20th. I'll be in town for that weekend. Maybe I'll see all of you!

The song of the day is something that you've heard before. Most of the time I usually post more hidden talent, but today I want to draw attention to a particular 80's song for a few reasons:

1. Mullet.
2. It has one of those endings like "Layla". 2:50. It can keep repeating itself & I'm OK with that.
3. There are plenty of Ghostbusters 1 references without the movie cast.
4. Sweet keyboard feature at 1:37. Glamor shot at 1:44.
5. It's just an exceptional song if you really pay attention.


"Head Over Heels" by Tears For Fears

-Bitzky

8 comments:

*Jen* said...

That was sweet! Who is the librian? She looks familiar. Is that Kim Bassinger?

*Jen* said...

Maybe you should come home early! That story looks like it could cause some major damage. The Red Cross is already on standby and recruiting volunteers. Never a good sign! Stay safe and smart! Love you cousin.

Bitzky77 said...

Don't worry at all. I'll be fine.

I don't know who the librarian is.

Bitzky77 said...

Oh yeah, the keyboard solo at 1:37 is a "one-finger" keyboard solo. His glamor shot at 1:44 still kills me. LOVE IT!

Andrea said...

Oh the 80's, I miss em!

Already heard the H named hurricane but if I hadn't, I would have guess, Hershall!

Looking forward to seein ya!

enN2sp said...

LOVE THEM 80's!

The librarian was played by Canadian model Joan Densmore.

Bitzky77 said...

Dang, nice ID, enn!

sela said...

Love it! Thanks!!

Let us know what's going on with you & Gustav...