Monday, June 9, 2008

Song of the day...........

Here's a link to a band that I've been listening to lately. They sound a bit Irish & rootsy, but still have a driving quality like U2. One of my friends likened them to Pink Floyd (around the Atom Heart Mother days...does that make any sense to you?). Anyway, this is a great performance of this song called "Keep the Car Running".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bFFpL6Jj5II

Bonus this week since I've been gone so long. Here is one of my absolutely favorite Mad TV sketches by Will Sasso. (What is it with awesome comedians named Will? Sasso, Ferrell & Forte) He plays Elvis here. Wait until he starts talking about flan cake. I must have said "flan cake" a hundred times to myself in the past week.

"I love me some......flan cake.....know wudda mean?"
http://tubearoo.com/articles/90151/MadTV_Elvis.html

3 comments:

sela said...

lol

Andrea said...

What is that crank instrument the chick is playing??? Never seen one of those before.

Here's something for you to check out:

Artist: The Last Goodnight
Song: Pictures of You

They're kind of Maroon5-esque. Was a freebie New Music Tuesday download on Itunes a few weeks back...the song's grown on me though. I like it.

Bitzky77 said...

I have no idea what that crank instrument is. Pretty awesome though.

Yeah, I've heard that "Pictures of You" song before.