Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Crab Spider.......

So I was telling S-Hooks about this spider that I almost ran into in my back yard. It was just about at eye-level, and I almost walked right into it. It would have landed on my nose, but I noticed the huge web right before I walked into it.

It's called a crab spider. This one was yellow with red spikes....yes spikes. Apparently, they have a painful bite. Not sure if they are deadly, but they do have venom. Couldn't get the focus to work. I was actually about two inches from him when I was shooting! Maybe it could have jumped on me! Shute, I don't know.


Here's what they really look like! "Muaaahahaha!"


And this!

-Bitzky

8 comments:

sela said...

O M B!!!!!!!

It's still out there?! Daaang..I would have a hard time letting that thing live in my tree!

Do you have a little tulip-looking button on your digi camera? That's what I have to press if I'm shooting something up close like that.

Bitzky77 said...

I grabbed a twig & took down the web (with the spider in it). Dropped the stick behind the fence.

OK, I'll use that setting for portraits.

Andrea said...

Gag! That thing makes me sick. Would it crunch if you stepped on it? Looks like it's got a hard shell!

Bitzky77 said...

Yep "crunch"!

*Jen* said...

That is some nasty stuff!

OliveSoul#4 said...

(Hee Hee! "Oh My Buddah"!)

SWEEEEEEEET!!
That thing looks awesome! Course, I'd want to mess with it... *coughTOURTUREcough* Uh...With a long enough stick.
Amand's ascared of spiders. I'll have to show her those pictures. ^^

Bitzky77 said...

I wouldn't torture it at all, Olive. It's pretty cool looking. I'm sure it eats plenty of mosquitoes around my back yard.

OliveSoul#4 said...

That's no fun...
My aunt's the same way. If there's a spider in the house, don't kill it, let it go.
...Eh.